I’ve decided, I'll write an angry poem
To commemorate me who does not
Linger stealthily in your feverish words
anymore
And in it, I think, I’ll write of
How I hate your muse with burning
vehemence
Enough, to poke her reflection in the eye
I’m jealous, but not, a liar to the core
For the want of fanciful love and your
Insidious accented recitations
The nights spent with you were anyway
Drenched in scotch and chocolates
And fallen angels in bathtubs
And when I think of you
I remember stars littering the night sky
Like a benign attack of dandruff
But then I’ll have to write
And knock until my knuckles bleed
For you’ve always made me want to
So I’ll write an angry poem
And you’ll call it all unfair
And you’ll discard it like old
underwear.
But I’ll write it for you still, and
fill it with
Allegations founded by my satisfying pettiness
And bloody scratches on my wall of
oblivion.
No comments:
Post a Comment