Wednesday, 16 November 2011

Love?

Love is a strange feeling, isn't it?
Beautiful, ethereal.
An abstract emotion that somehow with its fragile threads ties up so many people
together in so many ways.
Love is like a sinking ship, isn't it?
But a ship one does, at times, prefer to sink with rather than live a spectral existence without the essence of it to soothe the soul. I have not been able to decipher what love means actually. I did ask so many, young, old... each had one's own definition, one's own sweet way of looking at it. A friend of mine simply said, 'some things hold the most beautiful of meanings in life as long as you do not try to analyze them.' So should I stop contemplating? Will it come to me someday?

{ If clay is all that I get, I shall mould it into my own figurine, if blue is the only colour I find, I shall mix it with water, I shall paint different shades and the canvas will be as colourful and as expressive as any other, if these directionless words are all that I get to read, the beautiful poetry, the words of the one I crave for, I will, in my soul direct them towards me...
Love, you shall come to me someday... I hope.}

October,2008

1 comment:

  1. love exists, because we insist on believing in its existence.
    one cannot stop contemplating, for the self scorching leads to awakening. and the act of awakening, for some, is love. :}

    ReplyDelete