Monday, 21 November 2011

I and the darkness within...

I, Odysseus, shall run away if I have to, for my heart lies in the lanes I grew up chasing my mates in.
Ithaca, Penelope await my return,
An eagle hunts to feed her children and I fly
dreaming of grassy fields, standing over rotting carrion.

I, Patroclus, hang suspended as life leaves my fair limbs,
Glory, fame tiptoe, follow
me to my grave while fruitless, futile courage stands by
triumphant, strong, deep, shallow.                                                                    

Beleaguering myself with the sharp pain within
I still dance
I dance, I capture hearts, I know the mirror scorns, I dance more
Liquid gold runs through my fingers, I dance faster in a trance.

The mask I wear is the face of the sun, the sting, upside down, has a smile to hide itself
The cadence which perceived the sadness within is but ephemeral
The sensuous lips still kiss mine, every night...
I fall apart and the darkness within spreads, ever so gradual.

Her meretricious love and the saccharine in my words conflate
An epiphany, the tear-stained glass will break
Languor twirls me around, faster and faster
I wish, I wait for IT, I sleep, awake.

2 comments:

  1. I sleep, awake. nice touch there.

    but don't understand the gender of the protagonist here, going by the ideas, it seems a she. but "Her meretricious love and the saccharine in my words conflate". now, is she in love with another she?

    me gusta. :)

    ReplyDelete